Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great tasting casserole; I'm not a big spinach fan myself but these greens are covered up well. Look out Popeye!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Cook bacon on stove or in microwave.
- Cook chicken and drain.
- Return above into saucepan with 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- In separate bowl, combine soup, sour cream, spinach, garlic powder and 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- (It will form into a consistency somewhat of a dip).
- Spoon half of the macaroni mixture into a greased 12x8-inch baking dish and cover with half of the "dip" mix.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 30 minutes or until heat through.
- Then top with remaining cheese and 2/3 cup onions and bake at same temp, uncovered for about 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
Great casserole! I used fresh spinach that I blanched for a few minutes and garlic salt, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The bacon adds a nice flavor boost and the goes well with the chicken and spinach. This is packed with flavor and the cruncy French fried onions add nice texture.
This is fantastic! Reheated well in the microwave. I left the bacon out. Even the finicky eater in the office loved it. Thanks for a great recipe.
i made this and my husband loved it! we are always loo9king for ways to "hide" the vegtables from the kids. great dish!!!