Recipe by TheDancingCook
Great tasting casserole; I'm not a big spinach fan myself but these greens are covered up well. Look out Popeye!
Top Review by Missyb33
Great casserole! I used fresh spinach that I blanched for a few minutes and garlic salt, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The bacon adds a nice flavor boost and the goes well with the chicken and spinach. This is packed with flavor and the cruncy French fried onions add nice texture.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Cook bacon on stove or in microwave.
- Cook chicken and drain.
- Return above into saucepan with 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- In separate bowl, combine soup, sour cream, spinach, garlic powder and 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- (It will form into a consistency somewhat of a dip).
- Spoon half of the macaroni mixture into a greased 12x8-inch baking dish and cover with half of the "dip" mix.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 30 minutes or until heat through.
- Then top with remaining cheese and 2/3 cup onions and bake at same temp, uncovered for about 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.