Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Amazingly delicious and super easy! I have jealously guarded this recipe for years as it is the one dish I WAS known for. As my confidence has grown as well as my recipe box, I am ready to share. UPSIDE= this is the only way I can get my boys to eat spinach DOWNSIDE=this is the weightwatchers, jenny craigs and atkins diet's nemesis Breast or Legmeat? Totally up to what you prefer, i personally have found chicken breast to be too dry sometimes. When I make this I double all the ingredients except for the pasta and have gotten a great response but because cream cheese is not so easy on the thighs i have listed the ingredients as originally intended.
- 1 lb chicken (Boneless, Skinless breast or leg meat- whichever you prefer)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces chopped spinach, thawed if using frozen (I use frozen)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- garlic salt (i always use Lawrys)
- 8 ounces penne pasta, Cooked, Drained and Rinsed
- Cut your chicken into bite size strips or chunks.
- In a saute pan heat half the chicken broth until just about boiling.
- Add Chicken and Season with garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- When no longer pink add cream cheese and remaining chicken broth and stir continuously until cream cheese melts. Taste chicken and add garlic salt and pepper to taste if needed (i do this a few times throughout)
- Stir in Spinach until blended well.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer for a few minutes and taste again.
- Turn off the burner.
- In an appropriate dish mix pasta and chicken till well blended and add cherry tomatoes to top. ( they will disintegrate if over handled).