Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine took a quick look at the picture and decided it looked good enough to try it, after a couple of edits and adds on the ingredients i decided to make it and it was delicious!!! so i decided to share it, hope you all like it my boyfriend and his 13 yr old daughter loved it!!! sprinkle some parmesan cheese before serving and it makes it better!!!!
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inchstrips
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 (3 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, washed, drained, and cut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- salt & pepper
- Bring large pot of water to a boil, season with a pinch of salt and two slices of onion, stir in penne pasta.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, put some butter to warm up and add the chopped clove of garlic, meanwhile season the chicken with salt and black pepper, add the chicken to the butter and garlic in the skillet and cook until golden brown, add the chicken broth simmering for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cubed cream cheese, fresh chopped spinach, and sliced mushrooms. Return to simmer (low heat), and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cherry tomatoes, and cook about 3 more minutes.
- Drain the cooked pasta and removing the cooked onion slices, in a large sauce pot, mix together the pasta and the sauce. Let stand a few minutes before serving!
Awesome, Easy and yummy! II cook for 8 every night. This recipe beat the longer to make version I used to use. Try it youll love it!
Such simple ingredients, such great tasting pasta!