Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A good comfort food. This recipe serves 4 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 4 ONLY. Nice served with Merlot, Chablis, or White Zinfandel wine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 chicken, cooked,boned,and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 lb spinach noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a dutch oven, bring carrots and chicken stock to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove carrots from stock.
- In a blender, combine cottage cheese and lemon juice and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add warm stock to the cottage mixture.
- Blend 1 more minute.
- Combine cheese mixture and carrots, stir in chicken and cooked noodles; sprinkle with pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes.
- (KEEP TEMPERATURE LOW, so sauce does not seperate).
This was ok. I followed the directions exactly but I still had a problem at the end. Even with the low temperature, the sauce became a big blob of cheese (which BTW did surprise me, as I didn't realize that cottage cheese could melt that way)The flavour was ok and my parents who were over for dinner, did eat more than their fair share. However, I don't think I will make this again, sorry.
This tasted good, but I did not end up with a sauce at the end. It was soupy and runny and I'm not sure if that is how it was supposed to be. The kids liked it though, and I guess that's what matters!