Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great alternative to the red sauce lasagna. Even the people that don't like spinach have enjoyed this recipe. I use more Mozzarella cheese then called for. Prep time is estimated.
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can filled with milk
- 9 lasagna noodles, boiled
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 pinch basil
- 2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) bag spinach
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- Saute garlic and onion in a large skillet.
- Add chicken.
- Heat spinach in microwave for 5 minutes and drain well.
- Once chicken is cooked, add spinach, cream of chicken, can of milk, and sesonings.
- Mix well.
- Add the ricotta cheese and 1/2 the cheese.
- Stir over medium heat until melted.
- Layer 9x13 with 3 noodles then sauce alternately.
- Cover with the alfredo sauce and the other half of Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 325 for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
This was absolutely delicious! Used fresh spinach so I skipped heating it, and then layered some under the alfredo sauce. Also baked it a little longer, but I think that's becuase of the altitude here. Again, wonderful recipe...had so many requests for it I almost had to claim it as my own!