Tallie in Pacific NW's Note:
You can find this same recipe on the box of Minute Brown Rice. It deserves a place here on Recipezaar. I've made alterations and added more spices. The original recipe was pretty bland truth be told.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into bite-sz pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 cups baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 12 ounces tomatoes, cherry, halved
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1heat oil in large, deep skillet; add chicken; cook 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through, stirring frequently.
- 2add spices, spinach, rice, tomatoes and broth, 4 cups to begin with, add a bit more as you see fit; mix well.
- 3Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 mins; Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Spinach Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 583.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 33.9 g