Recipe by Tallie in Pacific NW
You can find this same recipe on the box of Minute Brown Rice. It deserves a place here on Recipezaar. I've made alterations and added more spices. The original recipe was pretty bland truth be told.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into bite-sz pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 cups baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 12 ounces tomatoes, cherry, halved
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in large, deep skillet; add chicken; cook 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through, stirring frequently.
- add spices, spinach, rice, tomatoes and broth, 4 cups to begin with, add a bit more as you see fit; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 mins; Serve hot.