1/1 Photo of Chicken and Spinach Florence
This chicken dish is similar to the ones served at expensive restaurants... great to serve to company, very impressive, and delicious too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach, stems removed,and washed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (more if desired)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- garlic powder
- 4 -5 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Steam the spinach until wilted; drain and chop.
- 2In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter; saute the onions until golden.
- 3Remove onions with a slotted spoon; mix with spinach, and place in a buttered baking dish/casserole.
- 4Add 1 Tbsp butter to the skillet.
- 5Season chicken with salt and pepper (seasoning salt is okay to use) Brown the chicken, and remove to a warm plate.
- 6Saute the mushrooms in the remaining butter; then remove to plate with the chicken.
- 7Add the wine to the pan, and then stir in the flour; slowly add in the sour cream, and stir until hot and thickened.
- 8Add chicken, mushrooms and garlic powder.
- 9Place on top of spinach.
- 10Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 11Bake in a 350 degree oven, for 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Spinach Florence
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.6
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 178.4 mg
- Sodium 428.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 42.8 g