I have no idea where I got this recipe. It has been sitting on my desktop for about 3 years, and I didn't try it until last night. If only I had known! This is so yummy! And you can't even tell that it's lowfat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 (16 ounce) carton light sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chili peppers, drained
- 10 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 can black beans
- 1 jar salsa
- 1In a 3-quart saucepan place chicken in enough water to cover.
- 2Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 3Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 4Remove chicken from saucepan.
- 5When cool enough to handle, use a fork to shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
- 6(You should have about 2-1/2 to 3 cups).
- 7Set aside.
- 8In a large bowl combine chicken, spinach, and green onions; set aside.
- 9In a bowl combine sour cream, yogurt, flour, cumin, and salt.
- 10Stir in milk and chili peppers.
- 11Divide sauce in half.
- 12Set one portion aside.
- 13For filling, combine one portion of the sauce and the chicken-spinach mixture.
- 14Divide the filling among the tortillas.
- 15Roll up tortillas.
- 16Place, seam side down, in an ungreased 9x13 rectangular baking dish.
- 17(It's ok if you have to cram) Spoon reserved portion of sauce over tortillas.
- 18Bake, uncovered, in a 350 º oven about 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 19Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 20Heat black beans, and pour a few large spoonfuls of them and desired amount of salsa over each enchilada after putting on plate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas!
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.2
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 1719.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: