Recipe by ChipotleChick
I have no idea where I got this recipe. It has been sitting on my desktop for about 3 years, and I didn't try it until last night. If only I had known! This is so yummy! And you can't even tell that it's lowfat!
Top Review by chef blade
These were GREAT! Recipe looks complicated, at first, but really isn't. Used pulled meat from a roasted chicken and didn't really do any measuring, just eyeballed the ingredients. Hot rice and black beans on the side, mmmmmmm
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 (16 ounce) carton light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 (4 ounce) cansdiced green chili peppers, drained
- 10 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 can black beans
- 1 jar salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart saucepan place chicken in enough water to cover.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from saucepan.
- When cool enough to handle, use a fork to shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
- (You should have about 2-1/2 to 3 cups).
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, spinach, and green onions; set aside.
- In a bowl combine sour cream, yogurt, flour, cumin, and salt.
- Stir in milk and chili peppers.
- Divide sauce in half.
- Set one portion aside.
- For filling, combine one portion of the sauce and the chicken-spinach mixture.
- Divide the filling among the tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas.
- Place, seam side down, in an ungreased 9x13 rectangular baking dish.
- (It's ok if you have to cram) Spoon reserved portion of sauce over tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 º oven about 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat black beans, and pour a few large spoonfuls of them and desired amount of salsa over each enchilada after putting on plate.