These are excellent enchiladas. Yes, there really is spinach in them! They are very rich and very filling, you will be stuffed. My husband and I got them from my sister-in-law. My husband raved about them and then told me there was spinach in them and wanted me to try them. I told him he was crazy. Well I tried them and they are so good, and I don't even like spinach and he doesn't either. You have to try these!!! You will love them!
- 453.59 g sour cream
- 226.79 g cream cheese (you can use 1/3 less fat, it still taste great)
- 283.49 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and patted dry (you will use lots of paper towels to get all the water off of them)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (or you could use 1 whole chicken, deboned)
- 35.43 g taco seasoning (or 1-2 tablesppons of homemade taco seasoing which is what I use)
- flour tortilla
- 2 (566.99 g) can enchilada sauce
- shredded cheese (fiesta blend or your choice)
- Boil chicken or bake in oven until fully cooked. Then shred.
- Drain spinach and use paper towels to towel dry.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, taco seasoning, spinach and chicken.
- Lay tortillas flat and fill with mixture. Fold and roll. Put all enchiladas in 9 X 13 pan. Cover with enchilada sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Pull out of oven, top with cheese. Put pan back in oven until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy! ** Remember these are very filling!