Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my new Best of the Best from Kentucky Cookbook. Just guessing prep and cooking times, and not allowing for the cooking of the chickens.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) frying chicken, cooked,boned and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute; blend in 1 tablespoon flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add milk and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly; stir in spinach.
- Spread mixture on the bottom of a casserole; cover with the chicken.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter; add flour, blending well.
- Stir in the cream and broth slowly: season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Simmer and stir with a wire whisk until thick and smooth.
- Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until bubbly.