Recipe by JustJanS
From my new Best of the Best from Kentucky Cookbook. Just guessing prep and cooking times, and not allowing for the cooking of the chickens.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) frying chicken, cooked,boned and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute; blend in 1 tablespoon flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add milk and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly; stir in spinach.
- Spread mixture on the bottom of a casserole; cover with the chicken.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter; add flour, blending well.
- Stir in the cream and broth slowly: season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Simmer and stir with a wire whisk until thick and smooth.
- Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until bubbly.