Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A chicken noodle and Spinach Casserole
Make and share this Chicken and Spinach Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces dry wide egg noodles
- 2 lbs frozen spinach
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- Bake the chicken breasts and dice into 1/2 inches cubes.
- Drain the spinach until very dry.
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Add the garlic and onions, minced fine.
- Sweat in the pot until soft.
- Add the flour and whisk until combined.
- Cook the Roux until it turns a blond color.
- Whisk in 1 cup of cold milk.
- When thoroughly combined, whisk in in the rest of the milk and the cream of chicken soup.
- Bring to a soft boil.
- Add 6 oz. of the Cheddar cheese and 2 oz. of the Parmesan cheese, and the cayenne pepper, whisk until combined.
- In another pot, cook the egg noodles according the package directions, but stop cooking them 1 minute before they're done.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg noodles, spinach, chicken, and cream sauce.
- Spread this mixture into a greased 9x13 in pan.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and olive oil.
- Sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 375 Degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.