1 hr 45 mins
Matt A's Note:
A chicken noodle and Spinach Casserole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces dry wide egg noodles
- 2 lbs frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1Bake the chicken breasts and dice into 1/2 inches cubes.
- 2Drain the spinach until very dry.
- 3Melt the butter in a large pot.
- 4Add the garlic and onions, minced fine.
- 5Sweat in the pot until soft.
- 6Add the flour and whisk until combined.
- 7Cook the Roux until it turns a blond color.
- 8Whisk in 1 cup of cold milk.
- 9When thoroughly combined, whisk in in the rest of the milk and the cream of chicken soup.
- 10Bring to a soft boil.
- 11Add 6 oz. of the Cheddar cheese and 2 oz. of the Parmesan cheese, and the cayenne pepper, whisk until combined.
- 12In another pot, cook the egg noodles according the package directions, but stop cooking them 1 minute before they're done.
- 13In a large bowl, combine the egg noodles, spinach, chicken, and cream sauce.
- 14Spread this mixture into a greased 9x13 in pan.
- 15Combine the breadcrumbs and olive oil.
- 16Sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
- 17Top with the remaining cheese.
- 18Bake in a 375 Degree oven for 35 minutes.
- 19Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Spinach Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.4
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 624.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 29.7 g