Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful variation on the traditional lasagna with the added healthy benefits of spinach. I like to use whole wheat pasta and grilled chicken breast. When you can't get them to eat their spinach just serve up some of this great lasagna!
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 453.59 g diced chicken breast
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 2 (850.48 g) jar alfredo sauce (reserve 1 cup)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 354.88 ml shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 425.24 g cottage cheese
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook noodles.
- Mix diced chicken, spinach, alfredo sauce(all but 1 cup), salt, pepper, & garlic powder in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, parsley, 1 C mozzarella cheese, 1 C cheddar cheese, all cottage cheese & parmesan cheese.
- Spray a deep 13"X 9" lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients in this order: 1/3 chicken mixture, 4 noodles, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/3 chicken mixture, 4 noodles, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/3 chicken mixture, 4 noodles, and top with 1 cup reserved alfredo sauce and 1/2 cup each mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
The velocity with which a forkful of lasagna was eaten with a multiplier effect of 5 people equals that of a turbo charger. For entertainment purposes, this comparison may have been exaggerated only a tad.
This was awesome! I halved the recipe and made in an 8 X 8 pan. I used no cook noodles, homemade alfredo, fresh spinach (sauteed in olive oil and garlic) and substituted ham for the chicken. We will make this again for sure!
I used one jar 5 cheese alfredo and one newmans alfredo and mixed them. They work together well. Everyone loves it.