Recipe by Texaspollock
This is a wonderful variation on the traditional lasagna with the added healthy benefits of spinach. I like to use whole wheat pasta and grilled chicken breast. When you can't get them to eat their spinach just serve up some of this great lasagna!
Top Review by gailanng
The velocity with which a forkful of lasagna was eaten with a multiplier effect of 5 people equals that of a turbo charger. For entertainment purposes, this comparison may have been exaggerated only a tad.
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 453.59 g diced chicken breast
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 2 (850.48 g) jar alfredo sauce (reserve 1 cup)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 354.88 ml shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 425.24 g cottage cheese
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook noodles.
- Mix diced chicken, spinach, alfredo sauce(all but 1 cup), salt, pepper, & garlic powder in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, parsley, 1 C mozzarella cheese, 1 C cheddar cheese, all cottage cheese & parmesan cheese.
- Spray a deep 13"X 9" lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients in this order: 1/3 chicken mixture, 4 noodles, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/3 chicken mixture, 4 noodles, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/3 chicken mixture, 4 noodles, and top with 1 cup reserved alfredo sauce and 1/2 cup each mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.