Recipe by BamaBelle30
SUBMITTED BY: Sue on allrecipes.com "A different, yet wonderful twist on normal lasagna!"
Top Review by RightMostReverend
I tried this recipe for a church potluck. Everyone loved it. I thought the cream of mushroom soup would overwhelm the flavor, but it didn't. I did add more garlic (6 cloves instead of 4) and made it in three layers rather than the two it calls for. Be sure to cook it over a pan or on foil, because it did overflow. I think that the prep time took a little longer than the recipe states (deboning the chicken takes time). This is a really good recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 mushrooms, diced
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- In a saucepan over low heat, mix together heavy cream, cream of mushroom soup, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Simmer, stirring frequently, until well blended.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion in olive oil until tender, then add garlic and mushrooms.
- Mix in the chicken, and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with enough of the cream sauce mixture to coat. Layer with 1/3 of the lasagna noodles, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1/2 of the spinach, 1/2 the chicken mixture, and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with 1/2 the cream sauce mixture, and repeat the layers. Place the remaining noodles on top, and spread with remaining sauce.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until brown and bubbly. Top with the remaining mozzarella, and continue baking until cheese is melted and lightly browned.