Recipe by Dawnab
I made this up to fit in with a lo-carb lifestyle and its so good I need to share.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
This was quite different from what we normally make. We normally aren't fans of creamy dishes but this one was very good. We loved all the ingredients & how the flavours came together. I didn't have chicken seasoning on hand so I used essence with added cumin & sage. For the cream I used 1/2 cream cheese & yogurt. In place of the chicken drippings I added 2 T of chicken broth. My essence is salt-free so I found it needed abit of salt at the end. Used 1 1/4 boneless/skinless thighs & 1/2 spaghetti squash, for us it was perfect portions for 4. Thanks for sharing.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon roast chicken seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup asparagus, cooked and cut into 1 inch length
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat chicken with spices and cook for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, sauté onion till translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds, add cream and cheeses.
- When sauce is smooth, add squash and asparagus.
- Heat through.
- Add 2 T drippings from chicken pan and stir.
- Serve chicken on top of squash, garnish with tomatoes.