Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, tasty dinner. Nice with a salad and crusty bread. I don't remember how long ago I got this recipe. Everyone had a version of it.
- 1 fryer, skinned and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (porcini, portobello, white)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced green peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces cooked spaghetti
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with garlic salt and pepper.
- Brown the chicken over medium heat, and transfer to a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions, peppers, and celery, until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce, and heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the chicken, and bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over the spaghetti, sprinkle with Parmesan.