Recipe by DiAnna2
For those who love Mexican food, this is a tasty change from the red sauce based enchiladas. I've taken it to Mexican theme parties and there are never any leftovers.
- 3 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 15 ounces canned chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄3 cup onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking oil, as needed
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄3 lb cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: You can cook your own chicken to use instead of using the canned meat.
- This is what I usually do.
- Turkey can also be substituted.
- One hour before serving, spread 1 cup sour cream in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, flake chicken with fork, add 1/2 cup sour cream, mushrooms, chilies and seasonings.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Preheat oven to 450Recipe #118875.
- In an 8 inch skillet, heat 1/2 inch cooking oil over medium high heat.
- Cook each tortilla for a few seconds on each side.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- If watching your fat intake you can skip this step and the meal will still be good.
- Along the center of each tortilla spread 1/4 cup of chicken mixture.
- Fold sides of tortilla over filling and place seam side down in prepared pan.
- When all tortillas are filled and placed in pan, spread remaining sour cream over top and top with cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese melts.