Recipe by EvenleyChef
This chicken casserole is very easy to prepare, the Sour Cream and cherry tomatoes give the dish a fresh and tangy taste which my guests loved.
- 2 chicken breasts, preferably with skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons herbs, freshly chopped (e.g. Sage, Rosemary, Thyme)
- 1 1⁄2 cups halved cherry tomatoes or 1 1⁄2 cups sliced ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat olive oil in heavy casserole and fry chicken breasts until browned from both sides.
- Add onions, tomatoes, herbs, salt and white wine and place in pre-heated oven. Cook for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Take from oven, remove chicken. Stir in sour cream and add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve with boiled potatoes, pasta or rice.