Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
From Cooking Light
Make and share this Chicken and Soba Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 236.59 ml carrot, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, thinly sliced
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml ginger, peeled and minced
- 3.69 ml salt, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1182.95 ml water
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 2.46 ml chile sauce with garlic
- 2 (793.78 g) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves
- 56.69 g soba noodles, uncooked
- 946.36 ml bok choy, shredded
- 236.59 ml green onion, in 1/2 inch slices
- 44.37 ml basil, thinly sliced
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml lime juice, fresh
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, and onion; cook 5 min or til tender, stirring frequently. Add ginger, 1/4 t salt and garlic; cook 1 min, stirring constantly. Add 1/4 t salt, water, soy sauce, chile sauce, broth, and chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Remove chicken from pan and cool slightly.
- Remove chicken from bones. Shred meat with 2 forks. Add chicken to pan, bring to a boil. Add soba, cook 5 minute Stir in bok choy, reduce heat and simmer 3 minute Stir in 1/4 t salt, green onions, basil and pepper; cook 2 minute Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.