Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
From Cooking Light
Make and share this Chicken and Soba Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chile sauce with garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces soba noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups bok choy, shredded
- 1 cup green onion, in 1/2 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, and onion; cook 5 min or til tender, stirring frequently. Add ginger, 1/4 t salt and garlic; cook 1 min, stirring constantly. Add 1/4 t salt, water, soy sauce, chile sauce, broth, and chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Remove chicken from pan and cool slightly.
- Remove chicken from bones. Shred meat with 2 forks. Add chicken to pan, bring to a boil. Add soba, cook 5 minute Stir in bok choy, reduce heat and simmer 3 minute Stir in 1/4 t salt, green onions, basil and pepper; cook 2 minute Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.