Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This soup is sooo good
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cooked (links,cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (16 ounce) bags shrimp (thawed,peeled and deveined)
- hot pepper sauce
- Melt butter in 6-quart saucepan or Dutch oven until sizzling; add celery, green pepper, onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender (7 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients except shrimp and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook over high heat until mixture comes to a full boil (5 to 6 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until rice is fork tender (20 to 25 minutes).
- Add shrimp; continue cooking until shrimp turn pink (4 to 5 minutes).
- Serve with hot pepper sauce.