Southern Polar Bear's Note:
I love finding and trying new recipes on Recipezaar. Unfortunately, some of the old family favorites tend to get "temporarily forgotten and misplaced" - like this one! This is from Chef Joe Caruso of Caruso's Italian Ristorante (with a few slight modifications).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 slices bacon or 8 slices italian pancetta, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly flour chicken cubes and shrimp.
- 3Put 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet, then heat over medium heat.
- 4Add chicken and shrimp; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until no pink remains in the chicken. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in the same skillet.
- 6Add bacon or pancetta and onion; cook about 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Add chicken, shrimp, salt and white pepper; cook 2 minutes over medium heat.
- 8Add white wine; cook approximately 2 minutes or until wine has reduced by one-half.
- 9In a large bowl, beat eggs, cream, and Italian parsley together until well blended.
- 10Add Parmesan cheese.
- 11Stir until combined.
- 12Pour chicken and shrimp mixture into the egg mixture.
- 13Stir well.
- 14Pour into a casserole shaped Pyrex baking dish.
- 15Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it begins to golden around the edges and the top.
- 16Lightly dust top with a little bit of cracked black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 885.5
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 435.2 mg
- Sodium 994.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 42.9 g