Serve over spinach pasta, rice, or orzo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet; add in the chicken and mushrooms; cook over med-low heat until golden, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 2Add in the garlic, salt, and pepper; stir until blended.
- 3Transfer chicken and mushrooms to a side dish; add wine to the skillet.
- 4Increase heat to high; boil the wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, until reduced to a thin film.
- 5Add the tomatoes; heat to boiling, breaking the whole tomatoes into pieces with the side of a wooden spoon or spatula.
- 6Return the chicken, mushrooms, and any juices to the skillet; heat to a gentle simmer, stirring to combine.
- 7Cover and cook over med-low until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- 8Add in parsley and fresh oregano or thyme.
- 9Transfer chicken to serving platter; boil the tomato sauce over high heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes; add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Spoon tomato sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Shiitake Mushrooms in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 349.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 37.6 g