Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chicken (use 3 cups of Chicken Veggie Toss)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and cayenne and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring well with a whisk after each addition. Cook for 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add the cheese and stir until it is melted.
- Mix in the pasta and recipe#274056, stir well.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until heated through.