Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
With peas added here, this makes for an all around meal.
- 1 (12 ounce) package macaroni shells and cheese, dinner mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Prepare dinner mix according to package directions.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in 2 tablespoons butter, until tender.
- Stir the chicken, peas, mayo, and sauteed onion into the dinner mix.
- Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter, and toss with breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over top, and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
This was great, shells and cheese and chicken are my DHs 2 favorites so I cannot go wrong with this recipe! Only change I made was to use frozen peas and carrots since that is what was in the freezer. Made for 123Hits.
This is getting 5 stars because my hubby was as pleased as a kid in a candy store and kept taking "just one more" scoop. Of course it's simple to make and it's also pure comfort food. I can't see why the entire family clean up their plates. DH is already asking for it again soon!