Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cozy main dish for two. Recipe easly multiplied.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb sea scallops, rinsed, patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup gruyere cheese, freshly grated
- Season chicken and scallops with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour, shaking off the excess.
- In a large skillet heat clarified butter over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- In it sauté the chicken and scallops, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add shallots and mushrooms and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute, or until the sauce coats a spoon.
- Add wine and reduce it to about 2 tablespoons.
- Add cream and tarragon and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute, or until it coats a spoon; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture between two 7-inch gratin dishes.
- Sprinkle Gruyère over the tops and bake dishes in a preheated 375°F oven for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly.