Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
Originally this recipe came from Recipezaar's "Stir Fry Scallops" But I didn't have a lot of the ingredients so it ended up being very different! I loved the outcome and thought it would be best just to post a separate variation to that recipe. We ate it with rice but my family had suggested they would have liked it with rice noodles also. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did :)
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (454 g) bag scallops
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper, each
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped julienne
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 green beans, end trimmed and cut in halves
- 1 celery, diagonally cut
- 2 medium carrots, diagonally cut
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil (very important for flavor)
- 6 -8 cups hot cooked rice or 6 -8 cups rice noodles
- Clean and chop all your vegetables, place in bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and drain scallops. (NOTE: Put rice in rice cooker or start to soak noodles about now to have everything ready at one time).
- Mix all of sauce ingredients until a nice constancy. Divide and place half in medium sized bowl, add scallops stirring until coated.Set aside to marinate.
- Chop meat if not already done and place in separate bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour over Worcestershire sauce; let stand about 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or similar pan. Cook chicken till half way done about 5 minutes.
- Add scallops continue cooking for about 3-4 minutes until throughly cooked but not overdone!
- Remove meat and set aside. Add vegetables to wok and add remaining sauce. Stir Fry about 5 minutes until tender-crisp. Return meat and heat through.
- Serve over your rice or rice noodles!
Enjoyed the flavours, thanks for sharing