Recipe by JenPo
From Nigella Lawson. She says it was inspired by sage and onion stuffing. This recipe is easy and makes great comfort food, but the best part is the way it smells in the oven. It makes the whole house smell amazing. Sometimes I substitute chicken thigh meat with good results. This needs to marinate overnight.
- 1 -2 yellow onion, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 2 teaspoons English mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- ground pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lbs chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 12 banger sausages (can sub Italian sausage)
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, add the chicken and onions to a storage bag.
- Juice the lemon into the bag, cut it into 8 pieces, and toss all the pieces into the bag.
- Add the olive oil, mustard, dried sage, pepper, and Worcestershire. Squish it around to combine, and seal it up.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days total.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the chicken and marinade with the sausages in a roasting pan, and when it has come to room temperature, place it in the oven.
- Cook about 75 minutes, turning the sausages halfway through.