Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe I found written on a piece of paper, so I am not quite sure where it came from. This sounds lovely...spicy too!! Times are a guess!!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, and cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces andouille sausages, cut inot 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Place a large skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and tip pan to coat.
- Add chicken, sausage, pepper, and onion; cook until chicken is cooked through and vegetables soften, about 8 minute.
- Add the garlic, green chiles, and jalapeno; cook for 2 minute.
- Add the chili powder, cumin and salt; stir to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Lay a tortilla down and spread 1/4 of the chicken mixture (about 1 cup) evenly over the tortilla.
- Top with 1/4 of the cheese and another tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cook each quesadilla in a large skillet over medium high heat for 3 min on each side, or until golden and cheese has melted.