Chicken and Sausage Paella
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat the broth over moderate heat; keep warm.
- In a large, shallow skillet or a paella pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and saute for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove and drain.
- Add the garlic and sausage slices to the pan and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until brown. Remove the sausage, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Place the skillet back over moderate heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil if needed. Add the onion and red pepper and saute for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the rice and stir to coat it well with the oil and vegetables. Add the parsley and the bay leaf and stir in the warm broth and the peas. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, over moderately high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the chicken and sausage. Sprinkle the dish with paprika. Place the paella in the oven and bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Serve with lemon wedges.