Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ground chicken spiced with pork breakfast sausage, onion and red bell pepper. A creamy sauce made with cream of chicken mushroom soup, evaporated milk and a hint of poultry seasoning adds a homey touch. Posted to Ready, Set, Cook #3
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 can water
- 2 pinches poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Meatloaf: Place chicken, sausage, onion, pepper, pine nuts and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Mix together, evaporated milk and egg and pour over bowl ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix with fingers.
- Place in a loaf pan and bake 60 minutes.
- Drain off fat and let sit 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Sauce: While the meat is sitting, combine sauce ingredients in a small pan, stir over medium high heat until smooth and hot.
This gets 5+ stars from my family and me. Combining the ground chicken and sausage was a brilliant idea because we thought the flavor was incredible. The meatloaf was tender and we liked the little bit of crunch from the pinenuts. The creamy sauce on top added a wonderful richness. Very creative and different. Thanks for sharing this and good luck in the contest.