Chicken and Sausage Kabobs
- Prepare Herbed Dipping Sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cut chicken into long strips, about 1/2 inch thick. Place in a medium bowl. For marinade, combine the olive oil, green onion, lime juice, parsley, oregano, and garlic. Pour marinade over chicken; stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 8 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread strips of chicken and sausage onto 6 long skewers.
- For a charcoal grill, grill kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place kabobs on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Remove kabobs from grill. Serve with Herbed Dipping Sauce and grilled lime wedges. Makes 6 servings.
- Herbed Dipping Sauce: In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup dairy sour cream, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion and/or chives, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tablespoon snipped fresh Italian parsley, and 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano.