Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Such a great meal! This comes from Southern Living Magazine
- 1 deli-roasted whole chicken (or 3 cups cooked chopped chicken)
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cansmilder rotel (can substitute regular rotel for more spice)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- Remove chicken from bones; cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Cook sausage in a dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until begetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and green chilles, broth, water, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken and rice.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
This was good, but not great. It didn't have a ton of flavor.
That is how I make it .. Only thing I use one can of rotel acan of Small tom sauce..Tgood recipe
OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! I am so excited about this recipe, and I have to admit that I have never had jambalaya before because I was intimidated by the name. This is not the case anymore! I followed the recipe to a T, but needed to add just a tad bit more water than asked for. Thanks so much for a wonderful recipe.