Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from Southern Living.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chopped celery, onion, and bell pepper.
- Saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add sausage and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Rice can be made separately, if desired, and stirred into other ingredients when done.
I halved this recipe and left out the green pepper. I cut the sausage pieces smaller-personal preference. I love one pot recipes. So easy to make and the flavour is fantastic!