1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat Oil in a large heavy skillet.
- 2Add the garlic and saute until light golden.
- 3Remove the garlic and reserve.
- 4Prick the sausages in several places and then sear them in the hot oil.
- 5Remove and set aside, covered.
- 6Brown chicken well on all sides in the same skillet.
- 7Remove and set aside, covered.
- 8Pour 1 T of the drippings into a large Dutch oven or casserole.
- 9Discard remaining drippings or save them for another use. (Do not wash skillet; you will nedd it later.) Crush the tomatoes with your hands and add them, with their juice, to the drippings.
- 10Add the tomato paste, salt, freshly ground pepper, basil and reserved garlic.
- 11Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 12Add the sausage and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 13Add the chicken, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes more.
- 14Meanwhile, deglaze the skillet with the wine.
- 15Stir wine into the sauce and simmer for a final 10 minutes.
- 16Sprinkle with parsley.
- 17Serve with pasta and freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Sausage in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1164.4
- Calories from Fat 778
- Total Fat 86.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 238.1 mg
- Sodium 3021.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 69.5 g