Recipe by kimbearly
I found this in Delicious magazine. I have not tried it yet, but will be doing so on my new George Foreman grill!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 onions, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 large hot dogs
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon barbecue dry rub seasonings, your favorite brand
- 4 hot dog buns
Directions See How It's Made
- If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter together. Sauté onions till very soft--about 15 minutes.
- Add white sugar and cook another 15 minutes till onions are caramelized; set aside and keep warm.
- Cut each hot dog into 4 pieces.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 strips; roll each strip into a spiral.
- Thread 3 pieces of chicken alternately with 4 pieces of hot dog onto a skewer.
- On low heat melt butter, ketchup, mustard, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning; stir to mix.
- Brush the kebabs liberally with sauce.
- Cook on outdoor grill, indoor grill, or broil, about 20 minutes, basting frequently. Remove and baste again with sauce so that they are gooey!
- Serve in hot dog rolls with caramelized onions on the bottom. Be sure to pull skewer out before munching!