Prep 50 mins
Cook 7 mins
Adopted recipe.This is an easy recipe.I used 6 chicken breast halves and 1 lb bulk Italian sausage and it worked out just fine. I served it with rice. It reminded me slightly of an Asian dish. It was very good. I even liked the green peppers in it and I don't usually like green peppers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, casing removed -- crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in 2" strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 can tomato soup
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. add the chicken and cook until browned.
- Remove the chicken; set aside. Reduce the heat to medium.
- In the same skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper, and garlic, stirring, until the sausage is browned and the pepper is tender.
- Spoon off the fat. Stir in the soup, water, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat to boliling and return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover; cook for 6-7 minutes more, or until the chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the 1 tablespoon cornstarch with the 2 tablespoons of water.
- Stir into the sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking, stirring occcasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice.
- Note: Sauce freezes well.
This is a fantastic recipe! I served it over noodles with fresh Italian bread. Next time I will make it using hot sausage. Thanks for a great recipe Zaney1
This recipe is very good. I did make one change. Instead of tomatoe soup, I added 1 can of stewed tomatoes.