Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A great all in one dish. This recipe comes from a book called "Preserving our Italian Heritage" from the Sons of Italy Florida Foundation. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 lb sausage (sweet or hot)
- 3 lbs frying chickens (cut into serving pieces, I use thighs)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Arrange potatoes in a large shallow baking pan. Mix all of the seasonings together and sprinkle half on the potatoes.
- Arrange the chicken and sausage pieces on top.
- Pour the oil over the ingredients and sprinkle with the remaining seasonings.
- Cover with foil and bake in 425f degree oven for 1/2 hour. Reduce heat to 375f degrees, uncover, and bake for 45 minutes longer until chicken and sausages are brown.
- Variation: Add 3 green peppers sliced, 1 medium onion sliced and 4T parsley chopped.
I made this recipe for PAC Spring 2008. While I thought this recipe was good, it wasn't as flavourful as I would have liked. I made the dish as directed with the green pepper and onion option. It could be because I did not have any garlic salt and had to "guesstimate" how much garlic powder and salt to use; it just came out a little bland. The recipe is certainly a good jumping off point and I will definitely make it again. Thank you for a good recipe Curlee!
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! I loved it! It was easy and delicious! I added the onion and green pepper. This really made the dish.
Boy, this brings back memories. My grandma used to make this on Sunday.