Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can be made in under 30 minutes. Also very low in fat.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 fluid ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups loose-pack frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3 ounces tortilla chips, 3 cups (optional)
- COMBINE chicken, water, broth, and chili powder in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 8 minutes. Add corn. Uncover; cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; heat through. Sprinkle cheese over each serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
I tried it and it was really good. It was very quick to make and quite tasty. Thanks for posting.
Delicious soup, and so quick to make you wouldn't believe. We used a vegetarian Morningstar Farms chicken substitute (didn't have to worry about it getting cooked either), 1 teaspoon chili powder and pepper jack cheese with no tortilla chips, but they would have complemented the soup nicely if we had. If you are pressed for time and want a meal packed with lots of flavor, this is it! Thank you.
This was so yummy and fast. I am trying to eat healthy and I loved this. Thanks