Recipe by Heartsong
Prevention cut calories, added belly slimming MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids), and turned this splurge into a slice of diet heavenTIME: 30 minutes. Posted for safe keeping. SERVINGS: 4
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided (MUFA)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken (breast, 8 oz) or 2 cups leftover roasted chicken breast
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (8 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped jarred, blotted dry
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped (1/4 c)
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package Italian salad mix (5 c loosely packed)
- 2 ounces reduced-fat goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 whole wheat sandwich wraps (10-inch rectangle, Flatout)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Mix 2 tablespoons of the oil with vinegar, oregano, black pepper, and salt in large bowl. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, red peppers, and onion. Toss to mix. Place greens and cheese on top (don't toss).
- 3. Put wraps on 2 baking sheets. Pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into small bowl and stir in garlic. Spoon oil over each wrap and spread evenly. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly crisped.
- 4. Place a wrap on each of 4 plates. Toss salad and spoon about 11/2 cups on each wrap. Serve with a knife and fork.
- Nutritional info per serving 377 cal, 30 g pro, 24 g carb, 10 g fiber, 20.5 g fat, 3.5 g sat fat, 51 mg chol, 637 mg sodium*.
- Flat Belly Bonus.
- Try a flavor-infused olive oil in the vinaigrette (varieties include lemon and grapefruit; sold in specialty and natural food stores). It's a MUFA-rich way to make this--or any--salad more enticing.