Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups nofat chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stem and finely chopped
- ground nutmeg (a pinch)
- 1 lb chicken tenders, each cut in half across
- balsamic vinegar
- coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb penne rigate, cooked al dente
- grated parmigiano or romano cheese
- In a big skillet, cook garlic and shallots in oil over medium heat until garlic sizzles in the oil.
- Add in wine; cook until reduced by half.
- Add in chicken broth, cream, rosemary, nutmeg, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- While the sauce simmers, rub chicken with a little balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a second skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side; remove from heat.
- Add chicken to thickened sauce; cook 4-5 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and serve with grated cheese for topping.
I really enjoyed this recipe, but couldn't give it 5 stars because it was very salty. I followed the recipe exact. The recipe calls for Nofat chicken broth, which I used, but I bet you it would be perfect if Low Sodium broth was used. I tasted the sauce before cooking the chicken and pasta, so i just left out the salt when cooking the pasta and didn't put any salt on the chicken when i cooked it. Everyone in the house loved it. Thanks so much for posting a tasty one dish meal! This will definately be made alot in my house, the rosemary made it so yummy!