Recipe by Auvan
I love chicken and roasted red peppers, so I put this sandwich together--it was so yummy! My family loves them. The chicken can also be left out and the sandwich is still delicious. Add a bowl of soup or a salad and you have a perfect lunch or dinner!
Top Review by Ms B.
Excellent sandwich. I used chicken breasts that had been grilled and seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning and subbed provolone for the mozzarella cheese. I also had ciabatta style brat buns on hand and didn't do the panini thing just microwaved to heat through. Hubby loved this quick, easy and flavorful sandwich.
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced (or you can use the ready-made chicken slices in the grocery store)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 8 thick slice of Foccacia bread.
- Mix mayonaisse and Ranch dressing in small bowl.
- Spread mayo mixture on 4 slices of Foccacia.
- On top of mayo mixture, layer each slice with equal amounts of chicken and place one slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Next, add the roasted red peppers and another slice of mozzarella on top of the peppers (this helps hold the sandwich together).
- Top each sandwich with remaining slices bread.
- Spray frying pan with Olive Oil spray (or other cooking spray).
- Fry each sandwich on medium until they are golden brown.
- Pop the sandwiches in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Enjoy! These are so yummy!