This is a quick, tasty meal that provides a simple alternative to traditional pizza. You can add toppings to suit your preferences! Feel free to also add fresh herbs- basil would work beautifully!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Remove the tops and seeds from the red bell peppers and cut the flesh into strips (8-12 strips per pepper).
- Put the peppers on a baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until soft and slightly blackened around the edges.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the pizzas- cut the ciabatta loaf in half and then halve again lengthwise (or if using rolls, halve them). You should now have four bases to work with.
- Mix the pizza sauce with the sundried tomato paste and spread evenly over the ciabatta bases.
- Share 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese between the bases.
- Top with the chicken and, when cooked, the red peppers.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until warmed through and the cheese has completely melted.
- Serve hot!
Who doesn't love fresh-roasted red peppers and cheese? These were fantastic little pizzas. I loved the addition of sundried tomato paste to the sauce. It really added a beautiful sweetness and depth. I used a pizza cheese blend instead of straight mozzarella (to please DH) and added a bit of fresh torn basil once baked. Lovely and oh-so simple!
This is fantastic. Just fantastic!!! We are raving about this, mmmmmmmmm. I made one sub - had to use gluten-free bread for the crust due to allergies. I used leftover homemade sundried tomato paste that I had whipped up earlier this week for use Penne Al'arrabiatta. Thank you for sharing!! I sense there will be a fight over the leftovers later ;) ZWT7
Yum! I had to do some doctoring, since I couldn't find the sun dried tomato paste. I just chopped some sun dried tomatoes and combined them with the pizza sauce in a blender, to make it smooth. Worked quite well. I also used the breast meat from a rotisserie chicken I had on hand. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)