This is a quick, tasty meal that provides a simple alternative to traditional pizza. You can add toppings to suit your preferences! Feel free to also add fresh herbs- basil would work beautifully!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Remove the tops and seeds from the red bell peppers and cut the flesh into strips (8-12 strips per pepper).
- Put the peppers on a baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until soft and slightly blackened around the edges.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the pizzas- cut the ciabatta loaf in half and then halve again lengthwise (or if using rolls, halve them). You should now have four bases to work with.
- Mix the pizza sauce with the sundried tomato paste and spread evenly over the ciabatta bases.
- Share 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese between the bases.
- Top with the chicken and, when cooked, the red peppers.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until warmed through and the cheese has completely melted.
- Serve hot!