Recipe by Shuzbud
This is a quick, tasty meal that provides a simple alternative to traditional pizza. You can add toppings to suit your preferences! Feel free to also add fresh herbs- basil would work beautifully!
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
This is very yummy! I didn't have the sun dried tomato paste so I just chopped up some sun dried tomatoes as finely as I could and used that. I also didn't do the best job of reading the directions and put all the cheese on the bottom layer instead of dividing it between top and bottom. Oh well! Still tasted delish :)
- 1 fresh ciabatta, loaf (or you could use ciabatta rolls) (10oz)
- 2 small red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Remove the tops and seeds from the red bell peppers and cut the flesh into strips (8-12 strips per pepper).
- Put the peppers on a baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until soft and slightly blackened around the edges.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the pizzas- cut the ciabatta loaf in half and then halve again lengthwise (or if using rolls, halve them). You should now have four bases to work with.
- Mix the pizza sauce with the sundried tomato paste and spread evenly over the ciabatta bases.
- Share 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese between the bases.
- Top with the chicken and, when cooked, the red peppers.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until warmed through and the cheese has completely melted.
- Serve hot!