Layer wine-marinated chicken, creamy chevre cheese, roasted sweet peppers, and fresh basil for a simple sandwich supper they'll love. From BHG website. I will be trying this one soon. Posted for ZWT4 Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices Italian bread, 1-inch bias-cut slices
- 1/4 cup semi- soft cheese, with herbs or 1/4 cup semisoft chevre cheese
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, cut into strips (about one 7-ounce jar)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or 1/2 cup watercress or 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1For marinade, in a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, thyme, salt, and crushed red pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture; set aside.
- 2Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to about 1/2-inch thickness.
- 3Place in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Add remaining marinade; seal bag. Marinate at room temperature about 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- 4Lightly grease the rack of an indoor electric grill or lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on the grill rack. If using a covered grill, close the lid. Grill until chicken is no longer pink (170°F).
- 5Brush cut sides of bread with reserved marinade. Place bread, cut sides down, on grill rack. If using a covered grill, close the lid. Grill until lightly toasted.
- 6To serve, place a chicken breast on each grilled bread slice. Spread with cheese. Top each sandwich with sweet pepper and basil. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Roasted Pepper Panini
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 963.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: