Recipe by Stephanie Z.
This is my favorite chicken recipe. The riesling complements the chicken flavor very well, and you can finish off the bottle with dinner!
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup riesling wine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg white. Coat chicken in egg and flour.
- In a frying pan, brown both sides of chicken in 1 T olive oil over medium heat (2-3 minutes on each side). Don't turn the heat too high - olive oil loses its health benefits at high heats!
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, saute onion in 2 T of the chicken broth. Add in mushroom and carrots. Saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add riesling to vegetables. Cook until bubbles. Add pepper, parsely, basil, rosemary, and remaining chicken broth.
- Stir until well-mixed. Pour stock and herbs over chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Stock should be simmering, not boiling.