Recipe by Dienia B.
From sousou blog on You Tube. A Moroccan dish. The water to rice ratio seems off to me here in USA. I think some countries soak their rice before cooking.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lbs chicken, cut up in 6 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 zucchini, cut in half round ones
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces; bone in is okay.
- Saute 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, pepper, ginger, cinnamon stick, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini rounds; cook 20 minutes covered.
- Remove chicken and zucchini.
- Add rice and 1 cup water.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and zucchini to top of rice; simmer 5 more minutes.
- Put rice in a bowl; surround with zucchini cut side down.
- Top with one piece of chicken.