Recipe by *Asha*
This recipe comes from the best of Cooking Light magazine all time favorites from readers. It's simple and easy.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
This is SO easy and very tasty. A good midweek meal. I used ½ wine and ½ chicken stock and added some garlic powder, dried thyme and dried sage (as I felt it needed some herbs and the cream cheese I was using was not flavoured) but I otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 0.5 (6 ounce) container light cream cheese, garlic and spices flavored
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring first three ingredients to a boil in a large skillet, add chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, turning chicken after 8 minutes. Remove chicken from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Bring cooking liquid to boil, cook 5 minutes or until reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch, add to skillet. Bring to a boil, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese, cook until well blended, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return chicken to sauce, warm through but do not boil.
- Serve chicken over rice, spoon sauce over chicken.