This is a really nice one dish recipe that is incredibly easy, and my boys/husband love it. Being that they are not big fans of rice, I considered this one a success. Credit to the OrderingDisorder blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2First, start your rice. Brown rice can take up to 45 minutes to cook sometimes (although I like the Uncle Ben's 10-minute brown rice). Time it accordingly so that the rice is finished by the time the main dish is finished.
- 3Pour the salsa into the bottom of a 13" x 9" glass baking dish. You can add extra if you want salsa leftover to mix into the rice.
- 4Fillet the chicken breasts. Lay them on top of the salsa.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven and pour the black beans in the baking dish. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- 7Take it out again and sprinkle the top with shredded cheese. Bake for another 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- 8Dish out the chicken and black beans onto plates. Then, mix in the prepared rice into the dish with the leftover salsa and beans, and serve alongside the chicken. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Rice With Black Bean Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.8
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 1041.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 25.9 g