Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really nice one dish recipe that is incredibly easy, and my boys/husband love it. Being that they are not big fans of rice, I considered this one a success. Credit to the OrderingDisorder blog.
- 24 ounces salsa
- 30 ounces black beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- First, start your rice. Brown rice can take up to 45 minutes to cook sometimes (although I like the Uncle Ben's 10-minute brown rice). Time it accordingly so that the rice is finished by the time the main dish is finished.
- Pour the salsa into the bottom of a 13" x 9" glass baking dish. You can add extra if you want salsa leftover to mix into the rice.
- Fillet the chicken breasts. Lay them on top of the salsa.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour the black beans in the baking dish. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take it out again and sprinkle the top with shredded cheese. Bake for another 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Dish out the chicken and black beans onto plates. Then, mix in the prepared rice into the dish with the leftover salsa and beans, and serve alongside the chicken. Enjoy!
It seems like the rice ingredient had dropped(i know they were having a problem with this). I wanted to make this for dinner tonight and need to know what kind of rice, how much, and if already cook or not. Iam not sure if it goes in the oven...thank you