Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
This was a childhood favorite of mine and now requested often by my husband. Quick and easy to prepare. Modify portions as needed.
- 4-6 chicken pieces (thighs are the best, breasts work as well, use 4 thighs if they are large, bone in, more thighs if t)
- 8 slice bacon (more or less to taste, enough to line bottom of pan)
- 354.88 ml rice
- 290.58 g can cream of chicken soup
- 290.58 g can chicken broth
- 290.58 g can milk (fill empty soup can with milk)
- poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line large baking dish with bacon.
- Pour rice evenly over top of bacon.
- Place chicken on top of rice.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika.
- Mix together soup, broth, milk and pour over chicken and rice.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours at 325.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minute more.
This has been cooking for 4 hours now, and I have cooked chicken with half cooked, crunchy rice floating in liquidy soup. I followed the recipe to the letter, except I cut the bacon down to 6 pieces to line the pan, so not sure what's going on, but I won't be making this again. On the plus side, the chicken tastes wonderful, so I might try to make the chicken in the soup, then just serve it over cooked rice. Thanks anyway...
This was so good! The smell as it is baking is wonderful as well. The chicken was falling apart. I only used 4 strips of bacon on the bottom. Thanks so much for sharing!
This is so easy and YUMMY! I used 6 pieces of bacon, (that was enough to cover the bottom of my pan.) 3 big boneless skinless thighs, brown rice in place of the white, added in a container of fresh sliced mushrooms and added in some white wine since I had a little left in the fridge. I started this dish a little bit late so I only cooked it for 2 hours and it was totally done and still tender. I will be cooking this again and sharing with my friends. Thank you!!!!!! :)... Made this a second time actually using the 1lb of bacon just for the heck of it. I have to say it is very very yummy this way but boy oh boy I have a hard time not thinking about all the grease that is in there. lol. My mom actually used to make a recipe almost the same but without the rice and she would put chip beef on the bottom of her pan and wrap each peice of chicken in bacon. I may try it that way also but I am curious to try it next time using turkey bacon. (something I am not usually a fan of) I think maybe it will be ok since it is in the rice and all but who knows. I will report back after with my opinion of it that way also. :)