Cook3 hrs 15 mins
This was a childhood favorite of mine and now requested often by my husband. Quick and easy to prepare. Modify portions as needed.
- 4 -6 chicken pieces (thighs are the best, breasts work as well, use 4 thighs if they are large, bone in, more thighs if t)
- 8 slices bacon (more or less to taste, enough to line bottom of pan)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can milk (fill empty soup can with milk)
- poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line large baking dish with bacon.
- Pour rice evenly over top of bacon.
- Place chicken on top of rice.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika.
- Mix together soup, broth, milk and pour over chicken and rice.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours at 325.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minute more.