Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have made this recipe for 20 some odd years. My daughter, who is now 18 still begs for me to make this.
- 1 whole chicken (I use 4 chicken breasts)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) soup can water (you can use milk for richer flavor)
- 1 (10 ounce) soup can milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 -6 cups cooked white rice
- Boil chicken in water or chicken broth for about 20 minute.
- If cooking chicken with bones, pick meat off bone. (That is why I use boneless,skinless, chicken breast,no picking.
- Cut chicken into small chunks and set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients together, except for the rice, and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and heat thru.
- Serve creamed chicken over rice.